GNCCF

The Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair was very exciting!
It was great to meet makers with really interesting work, it was a lovely and friendly atmosphere and I'm very thankful to the staff and volunteers for putting on a great show I felt honoured to be part of!

We set up my stand with hand drawn trees and some 3D blossom flowers. I struggled with how to design the layout; since my work is a little eccentric I thought it would be easy to go too far and end up looking like a pantomime! Hopefully it just about pulled off!


I also had some new pieces on display; it was my peacock's first time out of my workshop and I made some barn owls in tree hollows.
 
My old tutor, John Grayson was also exhibiting and gave some very helpful sage advice for my business. Thanks John! I also got to have a play with the tiny automata he makes, which was very exciting!
http://johngraysondesign.wordpress.com/

Beside my stand was the lovely work of Ali Graham, whose porcelain lanterns were stunning. I now own two of them myself!
http://www.aligrahamceramics.moonfruit.com/

There was so much beautiful work on display, including some MCDC favourites Charlotte Verity, &made, Jane Blease and Jane Dzisiewski, who were very helpful with their wisdom and words of comfort!

Most surprisingly, I won 3 awards at GNCCF!!
Platform Gallery, Janet Bell Gallery and Faye Hatton Photography.
Thrilled and honoured!!


 


I met some lovely gallery people, so look out for my work in new places soon!

I also met Fiona from the Art Markets team in Holmfirth, who gave me some flyers for the Art Markets in November, with my owls on! Woohoo!


Now I've got lots of work to do in preparation!

Comments

Popular Posts

A selection of items that are available to purchase in Kaper's Etsy Shop: