Our Brilliantly British Tenants Cabinet at MCDC

At Manchester Craft and Design Centre we have a designated cabinet to showcase all of our work that is made in the building. MCDC houses 18 studios, which are home to around 30 makers who make there work on site. Sue Barry is currently in charge of its curation and has chosen a British colour scheme. Thank you Sue for your efforts with our splendid cabinet. You can peruse the makers of MCDC here

Here's a few photographs of what Sue chose for the display:


glass bowl by Helen Tiffany
heart necklace by Divinity
birthday card by Fibre
rose necklace by Amy Wilkinson

This gorgeous little summery onesie is by Nadinoo, our newest neighbour at Manchester Craft and Design Centre.

a beautiful wall tile by Lee Page Hanson

butterfly giclee print by Lily Greenwood
elegant vase by THIS IS PEWTER
a selection of porcelain necklaces by Tracey Birchwood

Virgil the baby barn owl made by me!
a splendid strawberry cupcake pin cushion by &made
heart canvas by Wall of Art
hand blown glass and silver necklace by Charlotte Verity

I love working at MCDC because my fellow tenants are so inspiring and supportive. It can be hard work being a self employed maker and my crafty buddies inspire me daily with their insight and wisdom. It helps me to be hard working and productive when at my studio. Sometimes I can get a little bit silly though. Last week an twitter chat with of Ella of THIS IS PEWTER fame inspired me to make her portrait. Ella is renowned for her beautiful hair and splendid shoes, so this is what I came up with:






Comments

Popular Posts

A selection of items that are available to purchase in Kaper's Etsy Shop: